Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Crockpot Italian Chicken

I shared this recipe a few weeks back, but am linking it up to the Momfessionals Recipe Club because it is one of our faves! Hope you enjoy!

I just have to start out by saying, I had SO much fun with the link up on Monday! I loved reading all of the posts - it's amazing that everyone does something seemingly mundane (like meal planning & grocery shopping) so differently. I know most of us admitted we're not experts, but I say if we're getting dinner on the table, then that's a success! So, way to go! :)



Today I thought I would share one of my easiest go-to meals - Crockpot Italian Chicken. I came up with this when we were doing the Whole 30 earlier this year. As long as you check the ingredients (especially the marinara sauce), then this can be Whole 30 compliant. I am a huge fan of Mix & Match Mama's method for cooking chicken! It's quick & easy & the chicken always tastes delicious. If you don't read Mix & Match Mama's blog, then you are definitely missing out! Her recipes are the best! You can check her out here.




Ingredients:
  • 1lb Chicken Breast (Frozen or Fresh)
  • 1 Onion (chopped)
  • 2 Cloves of Garlic (minced)
  • 1 26oz Jar Marinara Sauce
  • 1/2 tsp Dried Basil
  • 1 tsp Dried Oregano
  • Salt & Pepper to taste
Layer the first 3 ingredients in your crockpot. Add in your marinara sauce (make sure to spread it evenly all around). Sprinkle in your spices. Cook for 3-4 hours on high or 6-8 hours on low. If you're using frozen chicken breasts, make sure you cook them for at least 4 hours (high) or 8 hours (low). 

Once your chicken is done, you can shred it (right in the crockpot) or just cut it up. You could serve this over pasta, lettuce, or (our favorite) baked potatoes. 

Delicious, easy, & healthy = VERY successful dinner.


PS - I meant to take a picture after it was done, but in the crazy rush of getting dinner on the table & the kids fed, I just totally forgot! But trust me, it tastes great & the picture I didn't take would totally reflect that :)

14 comments:

  1. This looks de-lish! (well, sounds, haha).

    I noticed all your ingredients are from Trader Joes. I really want to shop there more!

    Kristin // The Peculiar Treasure
    athisfeetdaily.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We love Trader Joe's!! Their frozen chicken + this method of cooking it makes my life SO much easier! :)

      Delete
  2. Yum! Always looking for new things to put in the crockpot - and I love the baked potato idea. We haven't done those in awhile.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We've been on a baked potato kick lately! So easy, healthy, & filling. I'll post in the next couple weeks how we do them in the microwave!

      Delete
  3. I just added this to my crockpot board on Pinterest, and it is so making its way into my meal plan this month.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks super! Do you find that it's too watery when you use frozen chicken or is it still ok? I'm looking for more recipes where I can be lazy and just put in frozen chicken :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I ALWAYS use frozen chicken (makes it SO easy!) in meals like this & it's not too watery for us, especially if your marinara sauce is thicker. You could also take your chicken out after its cooked & shred it in a bowl, then add the sauce to your liking. Enjoy! :)

      Delete
  5. We love this recipe...it's simple to make and delicious! We like it over spaghetti squash.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks wonderful!! Pinned ;) Thanks so much for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete